Tuesday 11 March 2008

More Monobright Exclusive Blog Content!

As in content for the blog that I'm not putting on facebook. It's probably ridiculous to go into this but I mostly just post on facebook and later put the stuff here. And putting stuff here is a bleedin' headache partly because of the different gmail/blogger accounts I have, and partly because blogger is such an ornery piece of software to use. What takes me two minutes to upload on facebook takes twenty minutes here. And it's not like anyone's reading this anyway...

Oh hey, look! I just used the Most Written Blog Sentence Ever! Now I feel like I've accomplished something today.

Anyway back to the band. When I was looking into bands with Chris at Christmas (the two of which are unrelated), we checked out a couple of Monobright songs. He wasn't too impressed, but I liked the intro to one of their songs, so I kept them in mind. So it turns out that for a Japanese indie band they have a pretty freakin' high rate of rock-to-suck, and they come from Hokkaido! Which, I don't know how I didn't know before. Anyway, they were one of the bands that I recommended to my Dad when he came to stay, he loves them and pointed out to me that they are actually playing at The Great Escape in Brighton... England! What a small, small world we live in.

A brief biography can be found here. It gives you some nice information and some lovely phrases, but I'd have to disagree with the "nothing that sets them apart" bit. They have some great chord sequences and off-key countermelodies that really make some of their songs crackle. I like them a lot, and they're a lot better than most Japanese indie, which I assume is why they're hitting The Great Escape. Also, I just checked, and like I thought the guy who wrote that likes L'Arc-en-Ciel who are a particularly wretched kind of awful.

So here's a live performance of a great song:



God, that guy just cannot keep his mouth closed can he? I'd hate to sit across from him at an all-you-can-eat buffet. And here's their latest video, which like an earlier video that I saw benefits from looking pretty cheap and shoddy. I just like the concept, all washing machines should be powered like this:



1 comment:

  1. You might examine this music, before my account is deleted on here:
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/longarin/www/

    ReplyDelete