Tuesday 7 April 2009

Things that need not exist.

With the best will in the world, surely there is no need for these to exist:


Saved By The Bell: The College Years collectable trading cards. Obviously I got these from my sister, who's becoming like the trading card nexus of the western world. She generally throws a few packs in with every present she sends and this time this is what I got. I love the smell when you open a pack of trading cards, that weird laminate and plastic smell is really nostalgic for me. But this time the childish joy was tempered with a whole lot of "What the fuck is this shit?"


Imagine in the early nineties, the guys down at Pacific Trading Cards putting these together, typing out the script with scant regard for punchline or relevance, putting all the character names in inverted commas for no apparent reason, rapidly losing the will to live.


Man, Screech. Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment