Saturday 27 June 2009

More Rising Sun Rock on 8tracks

Wow! Less than two months until Rising Sun Rock in EZO 2009 (to give it what I believe might be it's full name). Better get on with posting some more music by the artists playing there.

I already posted 8 assorted tracks (on the appropriately titled and wonderfully useful 8tracks) for you're listening pleasure, but in case you skipped lunch that day here that business is again:



That's got Polysics, Sakanaction, Chara, Beat Crusaders, Soil and "Pimp" Sessions, Eastern Youth, HiGE and 9mm Parabellum Bullet. The theme is that they're all playing at - I'M KIDDING! I already covered that didn't I.

Here's part two:



This time featuring Guitar Wolf, Mass of the Fermenting Dregs, capsule, Yoshinori Sunahara, Ohashi Trio, Midori, The Pillows and Flower Travellin' Band.

Y'know I'm not gonna say anything about those folks, I'm just gonna let you listen for yourself. It's more... pure that way. Oh by the way, if you're a last.fm user you can sign up for 8tracks and last.fm will scrobble your 8tracks listening, which is GENIUS.

Incedentally, just heard the new Black Eyed Peas song. Is it just me, or was there a time when they weren't the worst band in the world? Because now, I'm pretty sure they are. And it was really surprising for me because I was watching the video thinking - "I like this modern 808 bullshit, I love glitches in pop, I don't get pissed off by vocal manipulation anymore, I don't mind dumb lyrics or trying-to-be-cool electronic minimalism in mainstream pop, and yet this track - this song - which seems to be composed of things I usually quite like, is a hideous travesty of pop music, such that I may have to take a bathroom break the next time anyone punches in Black Eyed Peas at karaoke."

No comments:

Post a Comment