Tuesday 17 March 2009

スマクル

Oh hey you guys, Tom Cruise was totally on SMAPXSMAP last night:





I trust I don't have to explain what SMAPXSMAP is. The SMAPs cooked Tom cruise an insanely luxurious dinner and he learned to say "umai", meaning delicious. Actually this appearance was notable because it marked a sea-change in my feelings about The Cruiser. Previously, while he was pilloried on the internet and generally reviled for being the Archduke of Scientology I wasn't all that down on him. I thought Mission Impossible 3 was tremendous and he rarely makes really, really bad films - his blockbusters have a lot of quality to them. Also I didn't, and still don't know enough about Scientology to just despise it in a knee jerk fashion. However last night (and I realise it was the extremely edited moments from a light entertainment show, in a foreign language to him, where a boy-band cooks for the stars) he came across as a total ass. トムクルーズひどかった, he just seemed like a jerk.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you watched the same program I did. He was miles ahead of Harrison Ford.

    -ML

    ReplyDelete