Saturday 28 March 2009

Movie Review: Yes Man

My first reaction to Yes Man, was a variation on the old Bruce Campbell line: "What? I needed a new boiler."


Which is to say, I just assume that even Jim Carrey needs to stoke the coffers every now and then, and that this was just the latest in a series of high concept Hollywood comedies that the big name actors put out every year to keep themselves going. Come on, Jim Carrey has to say yes to everything, hilarity ensues. It's the inevitable choice after "Jim Carrey can't lie", "Jim Carrey is God", "Adam Sandler has a magic remote control", and "Rob Schneider turns into a girl".

It's good though. I mean it's a formulaic rom com, but I like formulaic rom coms. This one comes with music from E and the Eels, Zooey Deschanel (swoon), Danny Masterson playing his character from That 70s Show (who I liked) and Rhys Darby from Flight of the Conchords.

Approval: given.

No comments:

Post a Comment