Sunday 23 November 2008

Sunday via Monday No. 2

This Sunday post is brought to you by Alex, Monday, the grace of the blogger date function, the letters S, B and the number 7.

Having stayed up all night Saturday, my weekend continued apace when Conrad and Yoko arrived from Tokyo. We did a few sights and some Ramen and some catching up, then for dinner we went out to Sapporo Bier Garten, the Genghis Khan / Jingiskan beer hall by the beer museum. Here are Conrad and Yoko, sure, sure, they look like nice people, but I draw your attention to the fishtank Conrad got:


I'm pretty sure that in the time of Genghis Khan, that would have been an actual human skull. Seriously, later on he drowned an otter in there. I have no idea where he got the otter from, but it was awesome.

The beer garden involves eating lots of lamb and drinking beer, but more than that it involves a lot of inhaling lamb. It's two floors, each a big banquet hall full of lots of Hokkaido-shaped hot plates giving off great gouts of meat-smoke. Holy moly that smell's gonna take some time to come out of my clothes, and I probably breathed in about two and a half sheep. This photo captures some of the smoke in the air:


After that karaoke for the second day in a row, which is always awesome with Conrad, and then onto Precious Hall. Precious Hall, which is probably my favourite club in the world, was made even more awesome than usual because it was the 5th Birthday of Synapse, a great electronic promotions company in Sapporo and Ryuta, the organiser, had laid on free food (and a free make-up corner) for everyone. This time I didn't stay until the first train, but I was never gonna be able to post after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment