Monday 22 September 2008

Giant Hidden Metal Torii Sensation!

I was cycling around yesterday, working a loop from my place to town that would take in a burger shop and an art gallery (status: successful) when I came across this huge bleedin' Torii in what seems like the middle of nowhere.


It's pretty near Hokkaido Shrine, so I'm pretty sure it's part of the path that leads there, but it's just so bloody big, and I'd never heard of it before, I was pretty stunned. And the way it's made of rusted metal - it's like a giant robot Torii that shut down and died in the middle of the street.

2 comments:

  1. last night i went to an izakaya where i think that they must love shina ringo. they played her songs the whole time we were there, and had a row of her cd cases up behind the bar.

    and i remembered that you like her a lot too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like her a lot! I'm gonna write about her one of these days, but not now.

    She has a new DVD out, I wanna get it but... 4000yen man. Phew.

    ReplyDelete