Saturday 13 September 2008

Saturday Night with Medications

Riiiiiing

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Hello?

Yeah, it's me, Alex.

Yeah, that's right, I'm phoning it in today.

OH! SNAP! Because no mortal man can blog well considered items seven days a week without going completely bug-fuck insane, today I present Devin Ocampo's Medications playing Domestic Animals from the Burn To Shine DVD:



Which reminds me, I really have to buy all of those DVDs. Even though the quality of the bands sometimes varies, they're still super-awesome. Burn To Shine is the brainchild of Brendan Canty from Fugazi. He goes to different cities in the US, gets a bunch of pretty high quality local indie bands to play a song each during the last day of a condemned house, records it all, and the next day the house is demolished. It's fun and cool in so many ways, I can't recommend them enough. I just looked, and didn't even realise they were working on Louisville and Seattle ones. I'm stoked to check them all out (I only saw the first two in DC and Chicago), but it is worth bearing in mind that Magik Markers play on the Louisville one and they were one of the worst bands I've ever seen. I've read so many people raving about them I should really give them another shot, but when I saw them they had literally nothing to redeem them. They were just abject. Gah.

No comments:

Post a Comment