Sunday 1 February 2009

Sapica go!

Look what I got!


Babes and Bubbas, that is a Sapica - the new one touch Sapporo subway card scheme that was only started two days ago. Now that I've got one I'm just... I'm like so Sapporo. I'm cho Sapporo.

It's like the oyster in London, or the suica in London but on a much, much smaller scale. Seriously, Sapporo has regular train lines and bus routes which you can't use this on, and only three subway lines on which this is valid. You can't use it for anything else and really, the subway ticket system was pretty convenient already. So to be perfectly honest this isn't all that useful. Still never let it be said that I don't love a gimmick, and I can always hook it up to my credit card so that I never need to use a ticket machine again, or get my name printed on it or something. And now I think about it I do end up running for the train more often than you'd think so this might save me valuable microseconds.

And it's really, really cool too.

Today I ate a Sapporo Black Curry Burger, with a black curry sauce so black and sticky I thought I might be eating tar, or possibly Spider-man's alien costume. It was really nice.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.fukuya.com/fff/blog/001.jpg

    the fukuoka version. i think it starts this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From 2001 to 2004, Sapporo Municipal Subway experimented a different smart card called S.M.A.P. Card (S.M.A.P.カード Sumappu Kādo?)

    Too bad you weren't here then.

    -ML

    ReplyDelete