Thursday 28 May 2009

Grand Duchy

Frank Black's new album with Violet Clark under the name Grand Duchy is pretty great. That Japanese edition runs pretty pricey, but does include three bonus tracks plus a DVD which also features new music. Also Frank Black Francis is an all time hero of yrs truly, and I never begrudge shoving my sheckels into that man's pocket, so I picked it up after payday. I haven't played the DVD yet, but I'm looking forward to it - and I found this pretty fun Shaky-Cam video of them playing live:



I'm a sucker for it, but I still dig it when he lets loose with that scream. Also I like how he looks about the size of God from that angle.

It's got a nice feel, somewhere between the classic rock of the Catholics, the more punky feel of the last album and the spacy feel of his early solo-stuff. I'm not out to convert anyone but I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment